Percival daemons are supposed to write their log files under the /usr/local/percival/var/lancelot-logs/
directory. While it is possible to change that using --logfile
option and overlord.pl, it is p probably best to stick to the convention.
Overlord has command rotate that can be used to rotate logs
periodically. In particularly log of kollector can grow quite
Logs format is:
Log of every kollector measurement is written in following format:
[dd-Mon-yyyy hh:mm:ss :pid] free text
[time] Retrieved data for <path>(inst)[error] : <ds1>@timestamp[low_bound-upper_bound],<ds2>,...,<dsn>
- log time stamp
- location of the element in configuration database
- element instance as determined by mapping. Can be empty.
- provides a precision estimation based on error in time measurement
and database sampling interval.
- in milliseconds. Actual time that goes to database
- in fractional seconds. Shows when measurement was started.
- in fractional seconds. Shows when measurement was completed.
- datasourcses. Things like ifInOctets, ifOutOctets etc..