Percival is MRTG Made Easy
Build Instructions |
Commercial Support |
- 2003-08-17 Percival 1.1.6 released. Many bugfixes. Apache security update.
- 2003-05-22 Percival 1.1.4 released. Fixes problem with Catalyst device, other minor
- 2003-04-22 Percival 1.1.3 released. Support of SNMP v2c (64 bit counters), new report type and various bug fixes
- 2003-03-24 Percival 1.1.2 released. Small fixes and documentation
- 2003-03-12 Started work on documentation. Check it
- 2003-03-09 Percival 1.1.1 Released. Fixes problem with binaries and several minor bugs
- 2003-03-03 Percival binaries are not working on AMD or old Intels. We are working on the problem
- 2003-02-26 Percival release on SourceForge.
- 2003-02-23 Opened Percival project on SourceForge. Last preparations for the release.
Like Percival ? Rate Percival on Freshmeat
What is Percival ?
Percival is a Network Monitoring and Capacity Planning front-end to the excellent RRDtool software. It is based on our exprience of providing
customized network monitoring solutions to the ISPs, banks and large
enterprises in Israel.
We found that existing commercial tools are too expensive and ill designed for
this task while existing RRD frontends lack essential features such as
user profiles, simple configuration model, customizable GUI, performance, reports etc..
We started with stock Cricket
and with time we essentially rewrote it to address its shortcomings.
We also had to add number of bug fixes and improvements to the RRDtool.
Percival is a subset of our Lancelot Monitoring Framework that can be released under the GPL.
- WEB User Interface
- Themable user interface
- Support of MIB2, Cisco, Linux and Windows
- Configuration is stored in hierarchical database
- Database supports on the fly editing, links and multiple users
- Reports: top utilized interfaces, errors, discards etc
- Totals: average, sum, many small graphs on one page
- Drill-down on all graphs
- Moving average smoothing
- Percentile 95%
- User profiles. Each user can see only his part of the configuration tree
- Each device polled only once even if it appears in multiple profiles
- Consistent CLI tools for the system configuration and maintanence
- Modified RRDtool is used for the data storage
- Designed to hold around 500 interfaces with 120 sec polling frequency
- OS: Linux, Solaris(must built from source)
Avalon Net is a privately held company located in Israel. Our areas of expertise are Networking, UNIX/Linux administration and software development. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org